Lead Audio Engineer
Job Title: Lead Audio Engineer
Department: Meeting & Event Production Services
Reports to: General Manager
Since 2005 ChoiceLIVE has been on the cutting edge of technology and is considered one of the world’s most influential leading providers of large screen display and visual production solutions for the corporate, entertainment, sports, and special events markets. Our Live Meeting & Event Production Division continues to experience exponential growth and we are seeking professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, and desire to be the best in our industry. This position is located at our headquarters in Lititz, PA.
This position requires a strong background as a Lead Audio Engineer (A1) for large corporate events, commencement ceremonies, hybrid events, broadcast events and concerts/festivals. The candidate is working to build our audio department from the ground up. The Lead Audio Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will act as A1 onsite or system tech.
- Audio equipment maintenance and repair.
- System design for large events using Vectorworks and Meyer Mapp 3D.
- Training in house staff and freelance technicians on audio systems.
- Develop strategic partnerships with audio vendors.
- Promote the highest quality image of ChoiceLIVE with customers, vendors, and the community.
- Oversee and determine best practices and usage of our rental quoting software.
- Adhere and manage to the ChoiceLIVE handbook and associated policies.
- Complete training as assigned by management.
- Attend industry trade show(s).
Education & Experience:
- Must have working knowledge of line array set up and rigging.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Knowledge of Flex Rental Solutions.
- Hands on experience in rental and staging with an in-depth knowledge of latest rigging practices.
- Possess a current network of contacts in the live entertainment industry.
- Some knowledge of the concert touring business (with global artists, not just local or regional acts).
- Familiarity with the latest audio-visual equipment, technologies, and capabilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff, decision makers, and influencers.
- Professional demeanor with entrepreneurial spirit and instincts.
- Drive, motivation, passion, and an exceptional personal work ethic; ability to uphold the highest possible ethical and professional standards; able to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills; MAC and PC.
Physical Work Demands:
- Moderate sedentary office work typical in an office environment.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels typical in an office environment
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Required to adhere to safety compliance standards when on-site for live productions.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Travel via car, plane and/or train, as required by ChoiceLIVE.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary to complete time sensitive tasks to meet deadlines.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must possess & maintain a valid driver’s license.
- High level of concentrated attention.
- Required to talk and hear.
Applying is easy. Fill out the form with your name, email, phone number and level of education below. Attach your resume and (optional) cover letter as a .pdf. We’ll send you a confirmation that we’ve received it.